Dial *134*450# for free, to make a booking for a free MMC.
SWHP is a leading service provider of medical male circumcision (MMC) in SA, which:
- reduces the chances of an HIV-negative man becoming infected with HIV by 60%,
- reduces the risk of genital ulcers and other sexually transmitted infections,
- is associated with a reduction in penile human papillomavirus (HPV), which means women with circumcised partners are less likely to contract cancer of the cervix, and
- women who have only ever had sex with circumcised men have a 15% lower rate of HIV infection.
Our latest MMC campaign incorporates a behaviour change approach to encourage take-up of this free service that gives men lifetime partial protection against HIV.
Some Fast Facts
The following stats represents some of the SWHP beneficiaries, across initiatives, since its founding
The number of performed HIV tests and counsellings
The number of completed workplace training sessions
The number of performed Medical Male Circumcisions
The number of completed home-based-care visits
“For the past 18 years, the SWHP has been part of the very fabric of many people’s lives in South Africa, delivering much needed and, in fact, life-changing health services to over 1.2 million people directly, and many more indirectly.”
- Colleen Khumalo, CEO of SWHP
SWHP has mobile clinics and set up clinics close to communities who need the service. SWHP also works at Department of Health clinics.
SWHP has the following fixed clinics:
124 Magwaza Maphalala St,
Tel: 031 305 5581
350 Victoria Road,
Tel: 021 448 5263